TRUE LEADERSHIP; QUALITIES OF A LEADER, QUOTES FROM SERVANT LEADERS, SCRIPTURE.
QUALITIES OF A STRONG LEADER; QUOTES OF C.S. LEWIS
• You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
• Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.
• Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
• Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
• Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.
• The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
• We are what we believe we are.
• Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours.
• The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.
YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO SET ANOTHER GOAL OR TO DREAM A NEW DREAM.
• If a man thinks he is not conceited, he is very conceited indeed.
• There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
• Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
• The Past is frozen and no longer flows, and the Present is all lit up with eternal rays.
• No good work is done anywhere without aid from the Father of Lights.
• It is not your business to succeed, but to do right; when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
• You must ask for God’s help. … After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again.
• God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons that we could learn in no other way.
• Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.
QUOTES ON LEADERSHIP FROM LEADERS
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd”. – Max Lucado
“One of the problems with discipleship is you can’t hide…You have to be a Godly person”. “Natural temperament always has a dark side because it participates in your idols”. “Unless you’re really a Godly person, discipleship will not work because people aren’t going to believe you”. “You can’t lead them where you are not yourself”. —Tim Keller
“The three C’s of spiritual leadership are Character, Competency, and Confidence. “Character must lead”. “Humility is the most important attribute of character”. “If you lead with confidence, your competency is going to be exposed.” “The hardest person that you will ever lead is yourself”. “The person that God uses the most is the one that asks ‘God, can you use me??” “A good leader is a great listener”. —Tom Holliday, Alexandria Presbyterian Church
“A true shepherd leads the way. He does not merely point the way.” — Leonard Ravenhill
“It takes more than a busy church, a friendly church, or even an evangelical church to impact a community for Christ. It must be a church ablaze, led by leaders who are ablaze for God”. —Wesley L. Duewel
“The devil doesn’t persecute those who aren’t making a godly difference in the world”. —Paul Chappell
“To convert somebody go and take them by the hand and guide them”. —Thomas Aquinas
“Never when in authority rebuke anyone in anger, but only when anger has passed away; and so shall the rebuke bring forth good fruit.” – Teresa of Avila
“The first order of things to be changed is me, the leader. After I consider how hard it is to change myself, then I will understand the challenge of trying to change others. This is the ultimate test of leadership”. – John Maxwell
“The very first thing which needs to be said about Christian ministers of all kinds is that they are “under” people as their servants rather than “over” them (as their leaders, let alone their lords). Jesus made this absolutely plain. The chief characteristic of Christian leaders, he insisted, is humility not authority, and gentleness not power”. –-John Stott
“The authority by which the Christian leader leads is not power but love, not force but example, not coercion but reasoned persuasion. Leaders have power, but power is safe only in the hands of those who humble themselves to serve.” – John Stott
“According to Scripture, virtually everything that truly qualifies a person for leadership is directly related to character. It’s not about style, status, personal charisma, clout, or worldly measurements of success. Integrity is the main issue that makes the difference between a good leader and a bad one”. –John MacArthur
“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me”. —Jim Elliot
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way”. —John C. Maxwell
SCRIPTURE ON LEADERSHIP
But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.
As each has received a gift, employ it in serving one another, as good managers of the grace of God in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10
(God said…) “He who rules over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises, a morning without clouds, like the tender grass springing out of the earth, by clear shining after rain.”
But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant.
He must become greater; I must become less.
Select capable men from all the people–men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain–and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens.